11 ways to mix up your home workouts
Tired of home workouts? Here are 11 quick ways to mix it up! 💪🔥
1) EMOM: Every minute on the minute. Complete something within a minute, rest the remaining time. Repeat multiple rounds.
2) Death By … : variation of an EMOM, amount of repetitions goes up every minute, until you can’t make it anymore within the time limit. Bonus option: mix a fixed part with a variable part, for example: starting every minute with 10 squats and then doing 1 push-up in round 1, 2 in round 2, ...
3) TABATA: as named after dr. Izumi Tabata, work for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds, repeat this 8 times. Should be done with high intensity exercise(s)
4) Fight Gone Bad. Pick 3-5 exercises and do them for 1 minute each, then take a break of 1 minute. Repeat the whole process and try to get the same amount/more repetitions done than you did last round. Repeat 3-4 times.
5) Rounds For Time. Pick some exercises and do x rounds of them, alternating between the exercises.
6) AMRAP: As Many Rounds As Possible. Set a time limit and do as many rounds as possible of some exercises (kind of like RFT, but with a fixed time limit)
7) Chipper: Pick a few exercises and do a large amount of repetitions of each of them, in order. You can’t move on to the next exercise until you finish the one you are on.
8) Ladder/countdown: Choose a starting point of repetitions for a few exercises and move up/down every round, until you run out of time or you have reached your goal rounds.
9) Deck of cards: let luck decide. Pick a few exercises, draw a card and do the amount of repetitions as the card says.
10) Team workout: Share the fun! Split up a large workout with a friend. Can be done with active/passive rest periods or with both people working at the same time.
11) Buy-in / buy-out: before and after your core part, do a certain amount of repetitions in an exercise. Example: 5x10 push-ups and 10 sit-ups, but start and finish your workout with 50 squats.
8/2/2022 06:52:29 pm
I like what you said about pick a few exercises that you can routinely do in the beginning. I think my problem is I complicate the whole exercise process. I'll have to get a trainer to simplify it.
Leave a Reply.
Fitter in 4 Weken!
Wil je die overtollige kilootjes kwijtspelen? werken aan je probleemzones? schrijf je hier dan in voor het gratis. 4 weken programma + wekelijkse tips!